Working with us:
Our tenancy operations team is at the heart of our business supporting the end to end process from the point of offer agreed through to the tenancy starting. The team works in partnership with our Sales and Property Management team to ensure the best customer experience from both a landlord and tenant perspective.
We're looking for individuals who thrive under pressure and are looking for an opportunity to demonstrate best in class operations. Experience in the industry isn't required but a passion to change the way the lettings world works is! This role offers opportunity to progress through the ranks of operations and through to Property Management.
Home Made is a fast paced and exciting Property Tech company changing the industry for landlords, tenants and employees. We've developed brilliant technology and brought together a hardworking and talented team. Together, we are making the process of renting a property better for thousands of people, and this is just the beginning. In 5 years we've grown to become the ‘go to’ provider of the UK’s largest Build to Rent owners and operators, such as Grainger, Quintain Living, Get Living, Greystar, and many others, as well as thousands of private landlords.
Role and Opportunities:
Include but not limited to…
- Supporting the end to end administration process from point of offer agreed through to tenancy commencement, including but not limited to drafting Tenancy Agreements, handling contract queries, and fielding reference reports to the relevant team member or client.
- Carrying out Right to Rent checks, in line with government regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all imminent policy changes pertinent to our operation. Including but not limited to, KYC checks, Tenancy Agreements, EPC’s, Gas & Electrical Safety Regulations, Landlord and Tenant Law, and Fire Safety Regulations.
- Management of whatsapp for business accounts, ensuring that customers are provided with accurate information and regular updates on the progression of their Tenancy, and calls to action where required.
- Liaising with tenants and landlords to establish a relationship between parties based on mutual trust and ensuring they are frequently kept up to date with the status of their Tenancy.
- Supporting in-tenancy administrative processes, such as contract variations, tenancy renewals and other ad hoc processes.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations covered by the Tenant Fees Act
- Reviewing all reference and credit reports to ensure the progression of each tenancy is kept on track.
- Supporting post move in administration.
- Liaising with our internal Sales team to ensure that they have access to properties.
- Supporting the flow of key stock with sales associates, conducting regular audits to ensure all keys are accounted for, clearly registered, and secure at all times.
- Property accounting and associated financial administration.
- Working closely with the sales team to successfully convert deals into tenancies.
- Organising third party tenancy services.
- Deposit administration.
- Contributing to the development of the department through ad-hoc project work which seeks to identify efficiency gains and improve the customer journey.
- Relentlessly team-oriented – you enjoy working with those around you and thrive in a mutually supportive working culture.
- High EQ – You should be able to identify the customer’s needs and ensure they feel comfortable at all stages of the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You must be well-equipped to deal with conflict during what is a stressful time for landlords and tenants and manage any disputes with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and spoken verbal communication skills.
Role Location: Full time on site, London
Salary: £23-24k dependent on experience
We are an equal opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Home Made and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.