Senior Accounts Payable | Home Made
Join our growing finance team - a great opportunity to work on developing our processes and systems in the finance team, enabling the business to continue in it's smooth but fast expansion!
Working with us:
Home Made is looking for an experienced Senior Accounts Payable with great attention to detail who can take the lead on allocating, processing, reconciling, and reporting on the accounts of our expanding managed property portfolio. Office-based in Waterloo with our supportive and innovative team, you will manage the accounts for our growing Property Management department, ensuring that the right people receive the right funds, our client account is always fully up to date, and our financial reporting is timely and accurate. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing property-tech startup that is dedicated to improving the experience of renting.
Home Made is a fast paced and exciting Property Tech company changing the industry for landlords, tenants and employees. We've developed brilliant technology and brought together a hardworking and talented team. Together, we are making the process of renting a property better for thousands of people, and this is just the beginning. In 5 years we've grown to become the ‘go to’ provider of the UK’s largest Build to Rent owners and operators, such as Grainger, Quintain Living, Get Living, Greystar, and many others, as well as thousands of private landlords.
Role and Opportunities:
Include but not limited to…
- Take charge for ensuring that the money flowing into and out of the business is correctly allocated, reconciled, and reported on.
- Ensure the correct rents are collected from Tenants and transferred to Landlords, flagging to the Property Managers if any rents are unduly delayed.
- Ensure relevant money is held on our accounts for management fees, pre-approved contractor invoices, and any appropriate service charges.
- Review invoices for approval and process them timely.
- Ensure our accounts are always reconciled and our balances are consistently updated to reflect the true state of the account.
- Lead on regular account audits: ensuring all money in the client account is accurately allocated.
- Coordinate monthly and annual statements of account to send to clients.
- Be the point of contact for clients and colleagues for accounts questions for the department.
- Assisting with collating information for tax returns.
- Growing the teams including coaching, recruiting, onboarding, training new members on know-how, productivity and performance.
- Working on ad hoc projects focusing on improving key aspects of the Finance funnel
- Experience processing third-party invoices
- Strong data entry skills
- Experience managing account balances: ensuring ledgers and overall balance are consistently kept up to date
- Excel and/or Google Sheets champion
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Role Location: Office location: Waterloo
Salary: £40-45k depending on experience
Working Days: Monday - Friday 9am-6pm. Hybrid working: 3 days in office, 2 days at home
Application: Application & CV - help us get to know you!
2nd Round: VC with Talent Acquisition team member
3rd Round: Online Assessment
4th Round: VC with CFO
3rd Round: F2F with CEO and CFO
Home Made is an equal opportunities employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Home Made and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunities to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
As part of your application, if you require any accommodations or reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please get in touch and contact us at email@example.com