Sales Executive Internship (3 months) | Home Made
Calling all students! We’ve opened applications for our Sales Executive Internship at Home Made. Come and be a part of our sales team for 3 months, focusing on finding renters their next dream home.
Salary: Base salary of £23K (pro-rated)
Working hours: Rotational schedule: Monday to Friday 9am-6pm or 10am-7pm. This role also involves a bi-weekly Saturday (day in lieu given the week before).
Internship Length: 3 months minimum
Office location: London Waterloo, this is a full-time office-based role
Deadline for applications: 13th February 2023
Start dates for the internship: May TBC and 6th June 2023
You have my attention... tell me more about Home Made!
Home Made is a fast-growth property technology company that is disrupting the lettings sector and most importantly changing the way people rent for the better. We have developed brilliant technology that enables the process of renting to be more efficient, transparent, and reliable for both landlords and renters.
Our work culture is based on delivering results, integrity and fosters a diverse workforce where everyone has the right to be heard. Together we are on a mission to make the process of renting a property better for thousands of people, and this is just the beginning!
Sounds great, so what would the summer look like?
You will join our talented Sales Development team where you will focus on the first interaction with new potential renters, understanding what they are looking for in their next move and then ultimately getting them booked in for a viewing at their dream home!
Snapshot into the day in a life of a Summer Executive Intern:
- 9:00 am: Set up for the day, go through your allocations
- 9.15 am- 11.00 am: Start your day by making impactful interactions with people over the phone, booking in viewings once you’ve understood what they are looking for
- 11:00 am -11.15 am: Grab a coffee/tea and pet Kitty (our office dog)
- 11.15 am-12:15 pm: Hit the next round of calls, including those who couldn’t pick up the first time
- 12.15 pm-13.15 pm: Head to lunch with the team, market stalls at Lower Marsh are a must!
- 13.15 pm-13.30 pm: Check the online enquiry channel on slack (our communication channel) and respond back to customer queries
- 13.30 pm-15.30 pm: Hit another round of calls to book viewing requests and maximise sales opportunities by upselling and cross-selling to prospective renters
- 15.30 pm-15.45 pm: Take a mini pit stop to grab coffee/ tea and catch up with colleagues
- 15.45 pm-16.15 pm: Teams shout out and review the scoreboard – the top performer gets a chance to spin the reward wheel and win a prize. Our last team member had a free expensed lunch paid by their line manager!
- 16.15 pm-18.00 pm: Hit the final round of calls with potential renters to finish off your day
- 18.00 pm: Log off and head on a run with the Home-Made running club (personal preference of course 😊)
What we look for:
- You are results-driven, and thrive on hitting targets and goals
- You are self-motivated
- You enjoy speaking to people, and aren’t phased about doing this all day
- Your sales skills are second to none and love a challenge
- You put the customer first, doing the right things is part of your DNA
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
What you’ll gain as part of the Sales Executive Internship:
- An introduction to the world of Property Technology
- How the lettings industry works and career opportunities within it
- Sales and customer service skills
- Learn about the different functions within Home Made
- Opportunities to upskill through our training offerings
- 1st Stage: Online Application - Tell us about yourself not only through your CV but also through a short video, for your reason why you’d like to join us during the summer. Any reasonable adjustments required for this, please let us know. (Don’t worry videos can be redone)
- 2nd Stage: First Round Interview – Virtual interview: this is a chance for us to get to know you better, test some key skills and provide further information on the summer internship.
- 3rd Stage: Online Assessment + Mock call – Here you'll be able to showcase your written communication and sales skills, both conducted virtually.
- 4th Stage: Assessment Day – this will be an interactive day where you will have the opportunity to meet members of our wider team and a chance for us to understand your strengths, sales abilities, and motivation a little bit more. (Please note assessment day will be held during the following days: 7th March, 14th March or 21st March 2023)
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Home Made and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunities to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
As part of your application, if you require any accommodations or reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please get in touch and contact us at email@example.com