Finance Manager | Home Made
We're looking for an experienced Finance Lead to come and lead, develop and grow our finance team - a great opportunity to work on developing our processes and systems, enabling the business to continue in its fast expansion!
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing property-tech start-up that is dedicated to fix renting for good.
Office location: London, Southwark (close to Southwark, Waterloo and Blackfriars stations) - open to remote candidates (Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol, Bath)
Salary: (Dependent on experience)
Working Days: Monday - Friday 9am-6pm. (hybrid, in office vs remote options available)
Working with us:
Home Made is the fastest-growing lettings property-technology company in the UK. Utilising unique technology and a focus on customer centricity we are improving the renting experience to be better, safer, and fairer for all. Our work culture is based on driving change, working with integrity, encouraging a diverse workforce where everyone has the right to be heard. Together we are on a mission to fix renting for good!
Role and Opportunities:
Include but not limited to…
- Leadership and management of the finance function in partnership with the CFO, being an expert for the business
- Take charge for ensuring that the money flowing into and out of the business is correctly allocated, reconciled, and reported on
- Ensure the correct rents are collected from Tenants and transferred to Landlords, flagging to the Property Managers if any rents are unduly delayed
- Ensure relevant money is held on our accounts for management fees, pre-approved contractor invoices, and any appropriate service charges
- Ensure our accounts are always reconciled and our balances are consistently updated to reflect the true state of the account
- Lead on regular account audits: ensuring all money in the client account is accurately allocated
- Coordinate monthly and annual statements of account to send to clients
- Be a main point of contact for our larger clients and an escalation point for the team
- Liaise with external services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary, including HMRC
- Drive process improvement and review of finance templates and systems, ensuring they are fit for purpose i.e. sales ledger
- Management and growth of a small finance team from attraction and retention to development and motivation
- Review financial data
- Responsible for ensuring our Finance system MRI is working to suit our needs
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or equivalent)
- 2-3 years prior demonstrated experience in property / real estate finance position
- 2+ years experience of managing a small team
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and system integration
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A problem solver and solution finder
- Excel and/or Google Sheets champion
Benefits of working with us:
- Annual Leave: 24 days leave + your birthday off!
- Modern, state of the art offices
- Employee Perks: discounts for stores, cinema etc
- Yearly Half Day Charity Day
- Office Social Events (Summer and Winter Parties)
- Culture Club: Running Club, ad hoc events for notable dates (St. Patricks day, Diwali, Movember), Meditation Sessions, Mental Health Champions, CSR opportunities
- On site Gym access, showers (towels & shower gel), and indoor bike storage
- Weekly Friday 5pm Happy Hour in the office
- Opportunities to upskill in your career through our Learning and Development Programme
Application: Application & CV - help us get to know you!
1st Round: VC with Head of People
2nd Round: VC with CEO
3rd Round: VC with CFO
4th Round: F2F with CEO, CFO and Assessment (Financial Model, Process Design, People Management)
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Home Made and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
Home Made is an equal opportunity employer and will offer reasonable adjustments to applicants in our recruitment process. If you require any accommodations or adjustments as a result of disability, impairment, or health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.