Business Development Partner (B2B)
Working with us:
Home Made is a fast paced and exciting Property Technology company changing the way that we rent, from both a Landlord and Tenant perspective. We've developed brilliant technology and brought together a hardworking and talented team. Together, we are making the process of renting a property better for thousands of people, and this is just the beginning. In 6 years we've grown to become the ‘go to’ provider of the UK’s largest Build to Rent owners and operators, such as Grainger, Quintain Living, Get Living, Greystar, and many others, as well as thousands of private landlords.
Following fast growth and continued development, we are excited to be looking for an ambitious, experienced, Business Development Manager who will be a core part of our B2B client growth (Build to Rent).
Reporting into the CRO, this role will work on expanding our Build to Rent client base, focusing on lead generation, relationship building, pitching and ultimately bringing new business to the company. An exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys driving sales and is always looking for that next business opportunity to help grow the business.
- Identify key market opportunities for corporate partnership within the market, through research and business analysis and your own self-initiative.
- Generate new business opportunities, ideally through existing industry contacts and acquiring new clients.
- Review and keep up-to-date with the market, to review any potential business development opportunities.
- Arrange business meetings with key corporate stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Sell, and pitch Home Made value proposition to a variety of audiences.
- Work closely with on pricing with our internal teams, to ensure a proposition that is suitable to both client and Home Made.
- Provide regular reporting and trusted advisor recommendations to clients, through analysis of data. Provided through face to face as well as online meetings.
- Work in partnership with CEO on large client engagements.
- Work in partnership with our BTR Performance Managers to ensure full handovers of clients for onboarding and relationship building.
- Keeping well abreast of the BTR market and real estate industry knowledge.
- Preparing proposals & presentations to respond to tenders and Request for Proposals.
- Liaise directly with Clients throughout the tender process and delivery of services to ensure continuity and consistency in relationships and quality of service and in line with company values.
- Identify and support with set up of new additional income stream opportunities.
This role could be good for you if you have...
- Proven track record of hitting targets and delivering results within the property sector, or a similar sales/new business environment.
- At least 3 years' experience of targeting, winning, and generating new business in a client-facing role, with excellent communication skills with a flexible and adaptable approach.
- The ability to work using your own self-initiative, with strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated excellence in presenting at senior level within the corporate market.
- The confidence to deal with all key stakeholders within a business to develop trust and buy-in, including all levels of staff from negotiator up to Executive level.
- Experience with various systems including Microsoft Office, CRMs, and campaign management tools, email and newsletter management tools & survey/data collections tools.
Benefits of working with us:
- Annual Leave: 24 days leave + your birthday off!
- Modern, state of the art offices
- Employee Perks: discounts for stores, cinema etc.
- Yearly Half Day Charity Day
- Office Social Events (Summer and Winter Parties)
- Culture Club: An employee led club that focuses on Social, D&I, CSR and Health & Wellbeing
- On site Gym access, showers (towels & shower gel), and indoor bike storage
- Weekly Friday 5pm Happy Hour in the office
- Opportunities to upskill in your career through our Learning and Development Programme
Package: £40-50k base salary (dependent on experience) + commission based on business won/delivered
Some flexibility for hybrid working (likely 1 day a week WFH post probation)
Application: Application & CV - help us get to know you!
1st Round: VC with Talent Team
2nd Round: VC with CRO
3rd Round: F2F with CEO, Head of Sales and Assessment (Pitch and Presentation skills)
We are an equal opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Home Made and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
Home Made is an equal opportunity employer and will offer reasonable adjustments to applicants in our recruitment process. If you require any accommodations or adjustments as a result of disability, impairment, or health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.